Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All Over the Place

My mind is a bit of a blank hence the lack of posts so far this week. I have also been going to the gym very regularly which is great, but zaps my energy once nap time comes around so I tend to nap instead of write. I gave myself a day off today though. I apologize in advance for the lack of cohesiveness of this post - such is my life right now.

Potty training is going OK, but we have been so busy that it is hard to be consistent with Little Dude. There continues to be too much going on for the rest of the summer so I will have to just keep on plugging away at it when I can, eventually it will click.

I really have to get on top of planning Baby Boo's 1st birthday party stuff as well as her 1 year portraits. I am trying to wrangle up yellow and white/grey outfits for the family shots, but that is actually kind of hard at the end of summer. So far I have the hubs taken care of. I'm not exactly picky. I don't want super matchy matchy so I am very liberal on shade and texture differences. I haven't had to many opportunities to look either since I don't like clothes shopping with the kids. I'm a pro with the cart in the grocery store, but a giant stroller at the mall just ain't happening. If I let Little Dude run loose then it becomes much more about him exploring and having fun than it is about me shopping. I think a trip to grandma's will be in order soon.

Maybe I will attempt some shopping today!

Online I found some cute possibilities, but I don't ever buy nice clothes for me online because I need to try stuff on before I buy it. I hope the local brick and mortar stores have some of these on hand or at least something similar:

Maggy London dress from Nordstrom


Adrianna Papell dress from Nordstrom

Pleated floral dress from Forever 21


Jessica Simpson dress from Zappos

OK, enough online dress shopping now. None of it gets me any closer to actually having something to wear for the portraits.

I need to do a test run cake trying out some homemade fondant. I have heard rave reviews about this recipe from the awesome cookie blog Bake at 350. I don't trust myself to get it right the first time so a trial run will be quite necessary. If you are interested in what ideas I'm entertaining for the cake itself, check out this post. I need to go tend to my babies now, in the mean time I will leave you with some more cake eye candy that I found on Pinterest:



So girly! I wish I knew where it was from beyond Pinterest


Cool texture and lots of messy buttercream for the smash cake. From Sweetapolita - seriously go check out this site, such pretty cakes!


Maybe I should head back to the gym after all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!