Thursday, September 29, 2011

Five Question Friday - September 29, 2011

Another busy busy weekend on deck so that means it is time for the 5QF:


   1. Do you apologize to your kids if you're wrong?

Who seriously answers no to this? Of course I apologize if I am wrong. I would be setting a horrible example for them if I didn't. They might not know now if I am lying or deceiving them, but they will pick up on that sooner rather than later. I prefer not to lose all my credibility when that moment comes.

Now with my hubby that is a moot point. . . seeing as I'm never wrong.


   2. Do you have a class ring, letterman's jacket, or similar obscenely priced high school "most have"?

Nope, nope and maybe.

I remember looking through the class ring catalogue and not caring for the styles so I never even bothered asking my folks for one. I have never been much of a ring wearer until I got engaged so I knew it would be wasted on me anyway.

I lettered in like 3 different things in high school, but I also didn't want a letterman's jacket. I was always a girly girl and wasn't interested in the boxy jackets even though I loved sports. My hubby has a pretty cool letterman's jacket though. It was a hand-me-down from his dad that went to the same high school. Being a high quality leather jacket, it is in great condition and has a fun vintage charm that the newer ones don't have. I guess all the guys thought it was cool when hubby 1st got it.

The only obscenely priced high school "must have" that I can come up with that I have are overpriced senior pictures. They were cheesy shots and I didn't really like them. I don't remember the exact price, but we went with a cheaper package and it was still a few hundred dollars. Sheesh. They are somewhere over at my parents' house now along with my much cheaper, and much cuter, younger school photos:
 I have some of them on my computer.
Wasn't I cute!?!
 Then there's the only senior one I have a file of:
Meh

   3. If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what age would you choose?

That is a very hard question because I value things from different points in my life. I think I would have to say 30, despite not having lived it at all yet. I loved being 20 and partying a lot. Those days were fun, carefree, and I wasn't responsible for anyone but myself. I think empty nester age (50?) will be nice too because the freedom will return to some extent.

However, despite my appreciation for "freedom", I adore where I am now and I am happy and secure with who I am as a person. I picked 30 versus 20-something since I know we'll be done building our family by then. I wouldn't want to relive a pregnancy year over and over - no thanks.


   4. What is your favorite (unused) baby name?

There are lots that I like, but I don't know if there is a favorite. For boys' names I like Gavin, Keiren, Liam and Nolan a lot. A lot of Irish and British (I think) influence I suppose. For girls I love Ava (though too common), Adelaide (kind of out there but so pretty), and Leila. Now if I actually get prego and have to pin a single name down I will have a MUCH harder time of it - I'm great at making decisions that don't count for anything.


   5. If you could make your child like something, what would it be?

Physical exercise. I think this is likely to be true anyway because of the example given by my and the hubs, but I put huge value on being physically fit and healthy.  
Cartoon from Mike Shapiro Cartoons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!