Friday, September 2, 2011

Five Question Friday - September 2, 2011

Shut the front door, there is no way it is September! I totally didn't catch that yesterday. The end of summer is fast approaching, and Baby Boo's birthday is coming even faster. Next weekend is sure to be hectic so I guess I should try to relax and appreciate this one since there isn't much of anything going on. Happy holiday weekend everyone in the US, and happy weekend to everyone else.


   1. Shoes in the house - yay or nay?

Mostly nay, but if they are clean it doesn't bother me really. Sometimes I am lazy and wear them for a few minutes before taking them off. I am especially bad about taking the kids' shoes off once we get inside. This is a big no no in the winter though because that would make a horrible mess. It is funny how cultural this practice is. In Chile or Australia (from my experience), people don't normally take their shoes off before going into a house, but here some people completely freak out that not everyone does it automatically.

This question does remind me that I want to get some projects done with the front and side entryway to our house. We need knew shoe and coat rack organization because it is a big jumbly mess right now. This will probably take a few months since they will require some larger expenses, but I think they can get done this year.

If only I had a gorgeous mud room:
Courtesy of Houzz.com

Or maybe this one:


   2. What do you call them - flip flops, slippers, thongs, etc?

I call the flip flops. When pointing them out to Little Dude I call them flippity floppeties because it makes him laugh. As a kid in Australia we called them thongs. It doesn't throw me off to hear people call them "thong sandals", but at least where I live now, no one calls them just thongs anymore. . . and WTF is up with slippers? Those are the soft, warm, sometimes-fuzzy-with-bunnies-on-them things you wear indoors in cold weather sillies.
I have a major weakness for flip flops (and all other shoes). I have it under control now, but at one point I had several dozen different ones in different colors and styles.


   3. What song are you most embarrassed to admit you know all the lyrics to?

I'm not embarrassed by my taste in music. It is cheesy no doubt, but I own my cheesy-ness and don't apologize for it. I love me some oldies and Disney music. I could probably recite to you the words from most Disney animated movies made between 1937 and 2000, not just the lyrics to the music. I also love classical music, alternative stuff, even some gangster rap. I am truly all over the board and am not ashamed to admit it.

Now if you ask me what song I wish I didn't know all the lyrics to, that would be the theme song to Dora.


   4. What is the best quality to have in a friend?

The ability to talk about whatever with them without awkwardness or judgement. I am lucky enough to have a few really close girlfriends that are amazing people that I can tell anything and everything to. My hubby is of course one too, and there is nothing in the world I couldn't talk to him about.

Second best quality is the ability to have a good time - a quality all of my good friends most definitely possess.


   5. Do you know what you want for Christmas?

I never want anything specific for Christmas to be honest so the answer is no, and it will likely not change. Sometimes I find a cute pair of boots or something and suggest it, but that is only because I know certain people appreciate suggestions. I know I'm just going to come off as super cheesy, but I love just having my family and seeing all the joy that the holiday brings to my kids.
Little Dude's 1st Christmas - 2009

Opening presents as a family in 2010

Baby Boo's 1st Christmas 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!