Friday, September 23, 2011

Five Question Friday - September 23, 2011

My calender on my phone says that it is Friday already. I'm not sure that I believe it, but just in case I'll answer a 5QF.

   1. Dream Job. . . realistic and completely unrealistic.

Realistic - I would get my MBA and be an executive at a company in the science field. . . rather broad, but I haven't thought it through very much since I'm rather content where I am actually.

Unrealistic - If I didn't have kids I would want to be a wine buyer for a large company. I would be wined and dined all over the world on some company's dime to pick out wines. Mmmmm wine. Since I do have kids that dream job would have to change a little. Maybe I would choose to be a professional blogger that just reviews products (and Hawaiian vacations) left and right while someone else handles actually writing and maintaining the blog. What? You asked for unrealistic so you got it!


   2. Do you fart in front of your significant other?

What? I don't fart! How dare you insinuate that I would.
OK fine, the real and honest answer is: not very often. . . that goes out the window when I'm pregnant though.


   3. What's the farthest you've ever traveled from home? How far and where was it?

My family moved from Sydney Australia to the twin cities, Minnesota back when I was 12. That would most definitely be the furthest away from home I ever traveled without a doubt.

Just for fun I checked out directions from Sydney, Australia to Minneapolis, USA on google maps and it gave me this:

View Larger Map
Apparently going through Japan is my best bet. Pretty sure that wasn't the route we took. Google maps suggests kayaking across all the large bodies of water (i.e. the pacific ocean). That is over 15,000Km of kayaking. . . not sure I'd be up for that.


   4. How do you celebrate your kids' birthdays? Family only or friends?

Excessively, LOL.

Honestly though, not all of my kids' parties are that extravagant and I don't plan to always make them so, but I did have a lot of fun with Baby Boo's. I see our kids' birthdays as excuses to entertain and hang out with friends as well as family. Once they are older they can have their kiddy parties of choice, and I'm sure we will have a mini celebration separately. If extended family is interested maybe we will have a get together with them. If not, then we will have a special family dinner just the 4 (maybe more?) of us.


   5. Fave thing about the fall?

That is very difficult to answer right now as I am rather upset that the weather is taking a huge turn. I am sooooo out of place anywhere that has an actual winter. See question 3 for the reason why. I feel so displaced every year when this happens.

Fall isn't all bad I suppose. I like not having to run the AC anymore. For a whole 2 weeks (most years) in Minnesota, we have in between weather where little AC or heat is necessary. I do love that the grass has slowed it's growing way way down so that I don't have to mow the lawn very often if at all.

I like shopping for new wardrobes for me and the kids as the summer outfits no longer work. I have bought way too many clothes lately - it's a beautiful thing! Hmmm, now that I'm on this train of thought, I would like to add cute fall boots to the list.

My current favorite boots are my Ugg Maxine wedges:

They are cute, super warm, extremely comfy, add some height (3") without taking away from the comfy, get compliments left and right, and age beautifully thanks to the leather. I highly recommend the splurge for anyone who wants both practical as well as fashionable mommy boots.

Oh and one more awesome thing I just came up with: SOUP. I love cooking and eating soup and that is much less fun in the summer.


And that's a wrap.

 'Til next week, have a fabulous weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!