Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hi!

Welcome to my little corner of the interwebs, I hope you find it interesting enough to come back. I am Andrea, a twenty something year old wife and mom. I met my hubby when I was 18. Back then I had dreams of career and travel, certainly not marriage and kids. . . at least not before the age of 30. I wasn't even sure I wanted kids to be honest. Life has a way of changing one's priorities and the best laid plans get tossed out like yesterday's garbage. I can honestly say I don't regret my huge deviations and certainly don't lament what could have been. I am way too busy having fun with my family and loving life to the absolute fullest.

This blog will likely be all over the place to be perfectly honest. I am a busy body and like to think myself an expert in everything. Hence the blog, if everyone else can have one then surely I must too. Truth is I know that I don't know everything and can't do everything but why not try so long as I am having fun? The majority of my focus will of course be my family since they are my world. They shape my thoughts and actions every day. The rest I'm hoping will come naturally from my daily activities and interests.

I figured it would be wise to start with a little background on myself. I was born in Santiago Chile, South America. I am the first of five kids and definitely have an A type personality. After having me and my two younger brothers, my parents decided that it would be fun to move to Australia. They had no ties to, or any particular reason for choosing Australia other than it was there and sounded like a good place to go. We moved and became Australian citizens which I still am to this day. In Australia, my mom had twin girls completing my family. She had five kids in four and a half years! To this day, I can't quite wrap my head around that one. We grew up fairly normally, my mom stayed at home with us while my dad worked in IT. When I was in seventh grade, my parents once again decided that it would be fun to move. So we did. . . to Minnesota, USA! This move was something that took me a long, long time to forgive my parents for. Hell, I wish I was back in Sydney right now. I eventually adapted. I graduated from high school at the age of sixteen and went to the University of Minnesota to get a BS in Microbiology. I met my husband Mike back in 2005 and was married by 2008. Our first son K was born in 2009 and our second child H in 2010. That brings us current.

I love to be creative and crafty and am successful to varying degrees. My kids are my world but that doesn't mean that Mike and I give up our social life. We love entertaining despite our smallish house. Mike just graduated last year and is making his way into the corporate world so I am having to learn to live on a budget. I fear if I continue to be on a budget and only get 24 hours in each day, I will never become a master of everything I would like within my lifetime. C'est la vie huh!

I consider myself to still be in a major transitory period of my life. Six years ago I was single and trying to figure out who I was. Less than four years ago I was living in uptown with my boyfriend. I worked hard and partied even harder. Two years ago my son was born and flipped my life around. I love my life and don't regret a second of it, however, I would be lying if I said that I'm not still a little disoriented from the last couple of years. With my daughter came yet another huge life change, I/we decided I would be a stay at home mom. So here I am trying to pick up all my bearings and figure out who I am as the dust settles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!