Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Not So Wordless Wednesday - November 16, 2011

The kids and I were enjoying a lazy day at home recently, and we got to playing in the kitchen. The light was streaming in through the kitchen window so beautifully, so I whipped out my camera and snapped away. I only have a point and shoot, and I definitely don't have much technical know-how. Still, I got some fun photos out of the deal.

Here are a few of them:
Playing cars on the open dishwasher


My sweet Little Dude!

My pouty Baby Boo

I am working on a frame collage in Baby Boo's room, and I needed another print for a square frame. I already have some great ones from her 1 year portraits ready for the wall, so I wanted to do something a little different. I decided to try something along the lines of pop art. The black backgrounds to these photos made them really helpful for this.

I decided to use this picture because it shows of Baby Boo's goofy side and makes me smile every time I look at it:

I played with a few different options. My favorites were the posterize filter and comic print filter. Here are a few examples of what I came up with:
Pencil sketch filter with navy blue and light yellow.

Posterize filter with dark purple-blue and light blue.

Another posterize filter with shades of seafoam green.

Comic print filter with magenta.

Comic print filter with seafoam green.

I even tried the "pop art" process on my phone which gave me this:
It's OK, but a little cliche.
In the end I went with a simple posterize shot with somewhat-muted purple tones. . . at least compared to the neon ones I had considered:
I used the "cut-out" filter on PSE.

I ordered the print from MPix.com in their metallic paper just to give it some more pizazz. It should arrive today or tomorrow actually. I am excited to set up the frames on her wall! Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!