Friday, August 26, 2011

Five Question Friday - August 26, 2011

After 2 weeks of hiatus from 5QF, I figured I better jump back in. Happy Friday to everyone!


  1. Did you make any fun purchases this week?

I bought an outfit for a wedding - dress and shoes - coming up in October. All my other wedding attire was too summery so I needed something new. The dress itself is not too revealing, but it is not flattering to the midsection if there is much additional flub so it is great motivation to stay in shape. the shoes are AMAZING!

Here is a quick snapshot of the outfit.
I will most certainly not be modelling it for the camera this morning being that I am bloated, have bed head still, and do not feel camera worthy until at least noon.
My feet on the other hand are looking fine this AM so they were up for some modelling.
I so heart these shoes!

The Max Studio dress was originally $150.00 from Nordstrom. I bought it on clearance at Nordstrom Rack for $30 - Woo Hoo! I also had a $20 Nordstrom note so we'll call it $10 - Score! The shoes were less thrifty but I love them to death so I don't care. They were originally over $200 and I got them for $70. I have a huge weakness for shoes.
I found this guy on Pinterest yesterday and thought it would be appropriate for this post.

I also got a few things for Baby Boo's 1st year portraits off of Amazon. Their 1-click shopping is dangerous!


   2. If you could go to any musical concert what would it be?

I am terrible at this because I love such a variety of music. Classics like Simon and Garfunkel, or Billy Joel and Elton John would be fantastic. If we are talking ever in the history of music I would say Queen. If we are talking modern stuff, maybe I would choose Linkin Park. I actually am not usually a huge metal fan (that would be hubby), but I do like their stuff, hubby would love me forever (even more than he already does) if he could go with me, and I bet the show itself would be crazy fun. I remember they were in town while I was pregnant with Little Dude and I had a chance to get some discounted tickets. At 30-some weeks pregnant though, I just wasn't feeling up to it.

   3. What is your least fav/most fav house chore?

Least fav - That's easy. All of them! I guess the very worst is putting away dishes or laundry. Though not perfect, I have gotten pretty good at doing the dishes and laundry, but I am still terrible at putting them away after they are done.

Another chore that sucks is cleaning any room while the kids are up. This makes it a never ending job since they continue to trash things as they go. Case in point - The other day I cleaned the living room really well while the kids napped. Once they got up I put them in the living room to play with a few toys while I cleaned their rooms and sorted through their wardrobes. I took about an hour and I checked on them every 10-15 minutes. They were being really good and were barely making a mess for the first 45. After the last leg of cleaning I came back into the living room to this:
Little Dude managed to even pull the slipcover off the god-awful floral couch in the background, and Baby Boo managed to grind some Cheerios into the carpet in several places.

Most fav - . . . hmmm. Is cooking a chore because I love doing that? If it has to be a cleaning thing I would say doing the dishes. I always hand wash them because I hate dishwashers. I still put them in the dishwasher anyway on the lightest cycle so they get some steam action too. I guess I'm a little OCD about it. The reason I like it is because it is fulfilling in the end to have a nice open counter top.


   4. Would you prefer new appliances or new clothes?

New appliances for sure. I have a crazy wardrobe that is waaay overstocked so I couldn't justify picking clothes; not that I wouldn't love that too. Our appliances are all pretty old, probably inefficient energy wise, ugly, and in need of replacing eventually.

Since we are living in dream world here, I'll take a Viking kitchen set and maybe electrolux washer/dryer for the laundry room:
Drool!

Hmmm, maybe the cobalt blue one
. . . or the turquoise. . .
decisions decisions decisions!


   5. Miracle Whip or mayo?

Ick! Neither. I am proud to say I don't do either since they are not particularly healthy. If I had to choose I would say my home made mayo that I make once in a blue moon. It includes raw eggs so it definitely isn't a staple, but it is yummy. The hubs mostly loves it because it means that he gets lots of tuna fish or chicken salad sandwiches for lunch and he flips over those.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!