Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday - July 8, 2011

More gorgeous weather around here for the weekend! I think we will be at the beach or on a river for the next three days. Happy weekend everyone!

   1. Do you think cursive is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

I think it is fine if schools don't want to take time out of their limited days to teach cursive. It is somewhat useful, but I would rather my child be having extra math, art, music, PE, etc rather than learning to write a certain way. I find that I alternate between typing and cursive depending on my mood; If I am in a hurry or anxious I use cursive, and if I am relaxed I print.

   2. Do you still use a pocket calender or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

Smart phone all the way baby. I put everything in that sucker! I have grocery lists, account numbers (password protected), recipes, our family schedules,. . . everything on my phone. I have it backed up pretty well so even if it crashes or gets lost I can recover the important stuff online.

   3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down?

My file box of important documents, my external hard drive, and cash I may have stashed away. I keep meaning to keep a backup flash drive or two (or ten) at my parents' house. At least the important family photos and some tax documents.

   4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?

City mouse for sure. I like the country for visiting, but I love the city for everyday. I love the hustle and bustle. I love having everything nearby and having at least a couple dozen friends that live within ten minutes. Before having kids, hubby and I lived in uptown Minneapolis and it was the best location ever. We were blocks away from some fabulous lakes, great biking trails, coffee shops, cute boutiques, amazing restaurants, and of course the bar scene. We live in the 'burbs now, a whole twenty minutes away. We try to go back when we can. Uptown will always symbolize a really fun time in my life. I would live there still if it was a little more family friendly.

Calhoun Square
The view of downtown from the lake

   5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

I don't really watch reality shows much so this is a hard one. Maybe Real Housewives of Orange County because that would mean I was rich, plus all the drama is hilarious. . . oh and I wouldn't mind living in California either.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!